TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ONLINE TICKET SALES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ONLINE TICKET SALES
Theatre - the Dramatic Theatre of the capital city of Warsaw, 00-901 Warsaw, pl. Defilad 1 NIP: 5252544475, whose tickets can be purchased through the Website
Terms and Conditions - these terms and conditions of ticket reservation through the www.teatrdramatyczny.pl website including any changes made to it by the Theatre under these terms and conditions
Website - the website www.bilety.teatrdramatyczny.pl,
Buyer - anyone purchasing tickets to the Theatre through the Website
Tickets - tickets to the Theatre available in the online sales system through the Website
- The Tickets are sold and distributed by the Theatre.
- The sales contract between a Buyer and the Theatre is entered into when the following ticket purchase procedures are met:
(a) the Buyer registers and provides the data required in the process of ticket purchase,
(b) the Buyer places and order online,
(c) the Buyer pays for the order by online bank transfer or bank card,
(d) the Buyer receives a confirmation of a completed transaction to the e-mail address indicated by the Buyer.
- Before making the purchase, the Buyer should read through the Terms and Conditions and confirm that he has read and accepted them by clicking the option “I accept the Terms and Conditions”.
- The tickets will remain the property of the Theatre until the Theatre receives a confirmation of the payment made by the Buyer’s bank.
- Payments for tickets will be processed by PayU S.A. through its website www.platnosci.pl. The payment method is set out in the terms and conditions of the PayU system, which also examines complaints relating to online payments.
- If the Buyer’s bank, despite accepting payment instruction, fails to send a payment confirmation within 30 minutes, the selected seats will be released. The money deducted from the Buyer’s account will remain with the payment services provider to be used during the next purchase or to be returned to the Buyer’s bank account. The Buyer will be informed what to do in such an event by e-mail sent by the payment services provider - the company PayU S.A. (ul. Grunwaldzka 186, 60-166 Poznań), the owner of the Platnosci.pl website (www.platnosci.pl/kontakt/), which should be then contacted directly by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone: 61 630 60 05.
- The Theatre will not be liable for any consequences resulting from irregularities in the functioning of the payment system of PayU S.A.
- Under the Regulation of the Minister of Finance of 26 July 2010, ordering and paying for tickets sold online is not subject to fiscalization, so the Buyer will not receive a fiscal receipt.
- Ticket prices include VAT.
- To receive a VAT invoice you should select the “VAT invoice” option when placing an order and provide the details required for the invoice to be issued.
- When making a payment through a foreign bank, the Buyer should take into account bank commission costs as only a full payment made within the set deadline will ensure processing the order by the Theatre.
- Only standard and concession Tickets can be purchased through the Website.
- You can purchase up to 10 Tickets for an event at a time through the Website.
- If you need to purchase more tickets than the number set out in point 13, please contact the Theatre’s Customer Service Office or box office by e-mail or phone.
- Tickets will be sold through the Website until 2 hours before the start of a performance. If you need to purchase tickets after their online sales has ended, please contact the Theatre’s Customer Service Office or box office by e-mail or phone.
- The Theatre reserves the right to end sales through the Website at any time without giving a reason.
- Ticket unavailability on the Website does not mean that they are not available from the Theatre’s box office.
- The Theatre will not be liable for the consequences of any false or erroneous data provided by the Buyer in the order form.
- During the SARS-COV-2 virus epidemic, event participant is obliged to comply with the safety rules (Annex 1), and each Viewer submits in the Theater a statement of the event participant in relation to the epidemic status (Annex 2).
- 2 Complaints, returns and ticket exchange
- It is not possible to return Tickets sold through the Website.
- If a performance is cancelled or the repertoire is changed, the Theatre will reimburse the Buyer for the cost of Tickets purchased or will make a reservation for another date having contacted the Buyer.
- The Theatre will not be liable for any Tickets lost by the Buyer or damaged in a way which makes it impossible to verify the code.
- Unused Tickets may not be returned or exchanged for another date.
- Performances and other events start on time, so the Theatre will have the right to refuse entry to the audience to anyone arriving late. If possible, the spectator will be allowed in to the audience at the first convenient moment which will not disrupt the course of the performance.
- Any complaints must be made within two business days of the ticket purchase date to the e-mail address: email@example.com or at the Theatre’s box office.
- 3 Buyer’s data protection
- By registering on the Website, the Buyer agrees to processing his personal data by the Theatre for the purpose of completing the order, making necessary contact with the Buyer or any steps required for the functioning of the Ticket sales system,
- Processing received personal data is carried out in compliance with the principles set out in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), as well as in the Electronic Services Act of 18 July 2002 (Dz.U. of 2002, no. 144, item 1204).
- Personal data may be processed and disclosed to authorised central and local government bodies under the Act on special solutions related to preventing, counteracting and combating COVID-19, other infectious diseases and the resulting crisis situations of 2 March 2020.
- The Buyer who makes his data available will have the right to request access to his personal data, to rectify them, to erase them or to restrict their processing, the right to object to their processing, the right to transfer the data, and the right to file a complaint about processing the data.
- The Theatre provides online Ticket sales under the Terms and Conditions. The Theatre reserves the right to amend and update the Terms and Conditions at any time, while any change to the Terms and Conditions will be communicated to the Buyer by providing relevant information on the Website and uploading updated Terms and Conditions to the Website.
- To purchase tickets through the Website, the Buyer should use any of the following browsers: Internet Explorer 9.0 or newer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome or Safari.
- Tickets purchased through the Website may not be copied, altered or scanned.
- The Theatre will not be liable for the functioning of the Internet network used by the Buyer to purchase tickets. The Theatre will not be liable for messages or other data misplaced or lost on the Internet network, individual computer settings and configurations, and the settings or breaks in the services rendered by Internet providers.
- All information about the repertoire, the price list and the working hours of the Theatre’s Customer Service Office or box office are available from the website www.teatrdramatyczny.pl
- The Theatre reserves the right to make changes to its repertoire.
- These Terms and Conditions of Online Ticket Sales are available from the Theatre’s Website and box office.